Sibling Liars

March 26, 2014 by Rieshy
.


I am blessed/cursed with a heavy case of skepticism. I rarely share anything on Facebook, Snopes is a way of life for me.  I always want primary sources listed.  I'd like to think it was because I was classically educated in logic and rhetoric- but, I wasn't and I'm not.  I realized today it is because I was the youngest sibling.  Youngest siblings are lied to constantly.

Oldest siblings, admit it- you know what I mean.

Thanks to my lovely older sisters I was afraid, for years, to pull my hair back in a proper pony tail because of bats.  Yes, you know...  Bats will swoop down and bite any girl-exposed ears.

I had not properly realized the origin to my skepticism until today on the way to the hospital for routine lab work for two of my boys.  Our hospital has funky blue tube shaped architectural elements whose meaning and purpose is evidently the stuff of legends.





As we pulled up to park at the hospital my youngest leaned forward in his seat belt and asked with equal measures of exasperation, fear, distrust, and 6 yo bravado, "Those tubes are not for shooting children up into the sky to be caught by aliens... are they?"

Both older brothers were grinning  and looking out opposite car windows like the guilty liars they were.




.
Posted in | 2 Comments »

2 comments:

Melanie said...

Simply fabulous!

embraplunk said...

As an oldest child just let me say "Ha ha ha"! ;)

Post a Comment